The first indie game from Riot Forge, Ruined King: A League of Legends Story will offer players a new way to experience the League of Legends universe. As a single-player, turn-based RPG, players will be able to dive deeper into the world of Runeterra, and uncover the mysteries of Bilgewater and the Shadow Isles.
Explore the World of Runeterra
Players will be able to explore the world, navigating through the twisted streets of Bilgewater and uncovering the mysterious dungeons of the Shadow Isles. As players make their way through various locations, they will encounter various secrets, traps and puzzles, as well as new enemies and monsters that will be roaming around the environment.
Players can interact with their environment, whether it’s chatting with friendly NPCs or initiating combat with enemies. Each Champion will have two Dungeon Skills they can use in the dungeons to initiate combat, interact with creatures or the environment while exploring. Some puzzles or secrets can only be solved with specific champions, like breaking weak walls with Braum’s shield or revealing stealth enemies with Ahri’s Orb.
Familiar Champions, New Ways to Fight
Ruined King introduces a new spin on the indie RPG genre, especially with combat. While the champions may be familiar, players will get to see this unlikely team fight in a new style of combat outside of the Summoner’s Rift.
Ruined King uses a turn-based, lane initiative combat system. Champions will take turns casting lane, instant, and ultimate abilities. Champions will also have the ability to use items, as well as passive abilities during combat. The system includes a health, mana, an overcharge bar, and a turn order list.
Players will be able to level up champions, each champion will have the following stats: Attack Power, Will, Stamina, Physical Defense, Magic Defense, Critical Damage, Critical Chance, Haste, Evade, Armor Penetration, Magic Penetration, and Lifesteal.
Champions will have roles that are similar to traditional roles seen in RPGs, while also having abilities that are very unique to Ruined King. There are a number of ways players can mix and match champions to create synergies in combat. Through the Runes and Ability Upgrades, players can customize a champion further to shift their roles and capabilities to synergize better with your other active champions
Fight in Style
Ruined King will include a large roster of items ranging from potions to weapons to ensure players can fight in style. There will be a wide variety of weapons and armor such as swords, pistols and Warmog’s armor that can be equipped to champions that will change their stats. Each champion can equip a Weapon, Armor, and up to three accessories. Weapons will have unique visuals that will be visible in combat as well as when champions are exploring the environment. Items can be customized and crafted through Accessories, Enchanting, Alchemy and Cooking.
- Bounty Board – Check the bounty board and hunt powerful minibosses in the world for big rewards.
- Fishing – Go fishing not only to catch the various aquatic life in Bilgewater but also any treasures that may be at the bottom of the ocean. Ruined King will also feature a Fishiary to track the fish you catch. Fish can also be used in cooking and can be traded to the fishmonger for Black Marks to be used to purchase exclusive items from the Black Market.
- Bestiary – Track the creatures you encounter and fight with information on their abilities, locations and loot. Unlock Beast Perks for defeating large amounts of specific creatures, granting permanent passive boosts to the Champions.
- Side Quests – There are many side quests that give valuable rewards ranging from items to new ultimates and legendary weapons, as well as puzzles to solve, and secrets to find.
- Battle Arena – Fight through waves of enemies to receive rewards based on your performance.
- Lore – Find lore scattered through the world for extra bits of story. Collecting lore also unlocks rewards for how much players find.
It has been amazing to see the community’s excitement for Ruined King, and we can’t wait to share more details with players in 2021. To learn more about Ruined King: A League of Legends Story go to: https://ruinedking.com